Ricardo, has worked for over 24 years as a sports scientist/therapist, nutrition consultant, fitness coach, Lecturer,Tutor/Assessor offering sports therapy/rehabilitation, Injury managment and specific training around football, cycling and triathlons.
He has Studied at university – both as an undergraduate (Sports Science at Southbank University) and as postgraduate level (Exercise & Behavioural Medicine at Thames Valley University) also completed vocational qualifications in Exercise referral, Sports Massage (levels 3 and 4) and Teacher training.
Ricardo currently works with the Bridge Renewal Trust (BRT) to deliver a weekly sports injuries clinic from the Laurels Healthy Living Centre – A complementary health centre that has two GP practices attached.
Ricardo also supported an application from the BRT to deliver escape-pain; An accredited National Health Service (NHS) Exercise and Rehabilitation programme for those with Arthritis. The BRT were successfully commissioned for both NHS and self-referrals. Ricardo is the lead facilitator, delivering sessions in a number of venues throughout North London.
With the University of East London, and London Metropolitan University he offers placement opportunities for their Sports Therapy Degree students. With Genesis Fitness Training (A YMCA accredited training provider) based in Chingford, as the lead Tutor/Assessor he trains their level 3 and 4 sports massage students – offering them work placements.
Previously he has worked as:
- A Physiotherapy Assistant at the Royal Free Hospital.
- A sports scientist and Lecturer with QPR FC Academy
- An educational Tutor/Assessor with Fulham FC
- A Sports Therapist with Leyton Orient Trust U.18 development squad, providing match day pitch-side cover.
- Part of the Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation team for the inaugural Tottenham Hotspur ladies squad – when they were launched in 2007/8
- A health & well-being facilitator for a mental health bike project, offering cycling/bike riding for health and weight loss – in conjunction with the NHS.
- ARDP Hackney cycling club, during the summer cycling season, as a race day Soigneur, Sports Injury and Rehabilitation Lead.
Ricardo is currently Head of sports injuries and rehabilitation at Woodford Town Football Club and monitors our 1st Team, U23’s and youth squads.
Ricardo is currently available to provide sports therapy clinic sessions.
Clinic treatments are listed below:
- Sports massage.
- Spinal manipulation/mobilisation.
- Injury assessment/consultation.
- Nutritional advice support.
- Exercise Rehabilitation.
- Sports therapy session.
If you’re interested in booking a treatment clinic session or require further information, then please contact Ricardo Johnson by clicking on the email address below . email@example.com
Woodford Town Football Club offers student sports therapist’s a chance to gain an excellent practical experience with our club. Under the guidance of the lead therapist you’ll receive an fantastic opportunity to help with pitch-side cover on match days, learn assessments and treatment techniques and work with all the squads at the club.
- We currently have a partnership with University of East London ( UEL).
- London Metropolitan University.
- We have recently begun to accept Medical Students from University College London (UCL).
All students must comply with COVID-19 policy and practice.
If student sports therapists would like to work with our club or require further information, then please contact Ricardo Johnson our Head of Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation by clicking on the email address below: